VCI paper provides an easy, affordable way of rust prevention on metals in process, shipping or storage. VCI is short for volatile corrosion inhibitor, which can be spread over the PH neutral Kraft paper to make VCI packaging. The anti rust paper shown on this page is coated with volatile corrosion inhibitor.
VCI technology has a key role to play in packing corrosion-prone metal products. VCI paper and other types of VCI package work by the release of invisible corrosion inhibiting vapors into the surrounding air within the enclosure formed by the package. This evaporation process usually occurs at room temperature. Diffused vapor molecules condense onto exposed metal surfaces, thus forming a molecular corrosion shield on the metal that ensures sound performances in rust prevention and corrosion protection.
Features of VCI Paper
1. VCI packaging materials offer corrosion protection without having to be in physical contact with the parts being protected. VCI works best for packaging complex parts.
2. With VCI paper, it is no longer needed to apply messy oils or other corrosion protection compounds, which is quite eco-friendly.
3. Metal parts enclosed within a VCI paper pack are kept clean and ready for immediate use once the package is opened.
4. Corrosion protection packaging brings corrosion protection and packaging into one step.
5. Laminate VCI package is available to meet special packaging requirements.
6. Free of nitrite, phosphate or other harmful chemicals
7. RoHS compliant VCI paper contains no heavy metals.